Micro Python -- a lean and efficient implementation of Python 3

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:30:54 EDT 2014

Le mercredi 11 juin 2014 10:14:02 UTC+2, alister a écrit :
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 08:29:06 +1000, Tim Delaney wrote:
>

> > On 11 June 2014 05:43, alister <alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

> >> Your error reports always seem to resolve around benchmarks despite
>
> >> speed not being one of Pythons prime objectives
>

> > By his own admission, jmf doesn't use Python anymore. His only reason to
>
> > remain on this emailing/newsgroup is to troll about the FSR. Please
>
> > don't reply to him (and preferably add him to your killfile).
>

> I couldn't kill file JMF I find his posts useful
>
> Every time i find myself agreeing with him I know I have got it wrong.
>

> --
>
> The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
>
> dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.

%%%%%%%%%%

There are good books, but not too many, explaining
the coding of characters and unicode, unfortunately
thick and expansive.

The Unicode.org doc is - per definition - excellent. It
suffers from one point: it is dry, it explains the "how"
but not the "why". And it assumes the coding of characters
is already known!

A very interesting source is not in pure computing
stuff, it is to find in the literature speaking
about languages, scripts, ... (I can almost say,
it is always a little bit the same story, much
better to have linguists with computing knowledge
that computer scientits attempting to understand
scripting and languages. Same problem in science.)

On the web, well, be extremly careful.

Unicode and iso-14*** have been mainly created
by linguists, and later... comes the *x world :-(

jmf