Interfacing Fortran applications

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 10:50:45 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Michael Welle <mwe012008 at gmx.net> wrote:
> I can change everything until after the
> initialisation of the application and the output of the results. That,
> hopefully, will not break something.

Okay. So you should be able to go for the socket approach, fairly
easily. Or possibly you could turn the whole thing into a C-callable
library, although I've no idea how easy it is to do that. (My
experience with FORTRAN - yes, not Fortran, the code was that old -
goes as far as eyeballing some of IBM's DB2 examples and translating
them into REXX. I've never actually used a Fortran compiler.)

ChrisA