Missing stack frames?

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Fri Jun 6 22:04:03 EDT 2014

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org> wrote:
>>  - Is there some way to make the call stack for destructors less confusing?
>
> First off, either don't have refloops, or explicitly break them.

The actual code isn't as simple as the example. I wasn't even aware
there were any refloops. Guess I have to start hunting them down now.

> That'll at least make things a bit more predictable; in CPython,
> you'll generally see destructors called as soon as something goes out
> of scope. Secondly, avoid threads when you're debugging a problem! I
> said this right at the beginning. If you run into problems, the first
> thing to do is isolate the system down to a single thread. Debugging
> is way easier without threads getting in each other's ways.

I don't see how this would have made a difference in this case. I still
would have gotten lots of apparently non-sensical backtraces. Only this
time they would all come from MainThread.

Best,
-Nikolaus