http.server.BaseHTTPRequestHandler basic auth logout? Django authentication system for REST interface?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 19:52:59 EDT 2014

I have some code for a web server.  Right now, it uses
BaseHTTPRequestHandler with Basic Auth, but we want to be able to log
out, and there doesn't appear to be a general way to log out of
something using Basic Auth, short of turning to unportable JavaScript.
 And this needs first and foremost to be machine-callable, so
JavaScript probably isn't a great solution for us.

Does BaseHTTPRequestHandler add a way of dealing with Basic Auth
logout by any chance?  I googled about it, and didn't find anything.

I could rewrite to work with Django's authentication system I suppose.
 Does this work reasonably well for REST API's?  How do you pass the
credentials?  Is it a cookie?

Thanks!