OT: This Swift thing

Alain Ketterlin alain at dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Jun 6 07:39:05 EDT 2014

Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com> writes:

> On 05/06/14 22:27, Alain Ketterlin wrote:
>> I have seen dozens of projects where Python was dismissed because of the
>> lack of static typing, and the lack of static analysis tools.

[...]
> When is static analysis actually needed and for what purpose?

For example WCET analysis (where predictability is more important than
performance). Or code with strong security constraint. Or overflow
detection tools. Or race condition analyzers. And there are many others.
And I don't even mention engineering tools for dependence analysis,
packaging, etc. (or even IDEs).

> [...] But still they avoid Ada [...]

Sorry, I forgot Ada in my list.

-- Alain.