Python 3.2 has some deadly infection

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Thu Jun 5 05:53:00 EDT 2014

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:

> If the standard streams are so crucial, why are their most obvious
> interfaces insignificant to you?

I want the standard streams to consume and produce bytes. I do a lot of
system programming and connect processes to each other with socketpairs,
pipes and the like. I have dealt with plugin APIs that communicate over
stdin and stdout.

Python is clearly on a crusade to make *text* a first class system
entity. I don't believe that is possible (without casualties) in the
linux world. Python text should only exist inside string objects.

Marko