Micro Python -- a lean and efficient implementation of Python 3

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:11:46 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Damien George
<damien.p.george at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Supports almost full Python 3 syntax, including yield (compiles
> 99.99% of the Python 3 standard library).
> - It supports a growing subset of Python 3 types and operations.
> - Part of the Python 3 standard library has already been ported to
> Micro Python, and work is ongoing to port as much as feasible.

I don't have an actual use-case for this, as I don't target
microcontrollers, but I'm curious: What parts of Py3 syntax aren't
supported? And since you say "port as much as feasible", presumably
there'll be parts that are never supported. Are there some syntactic
elements that just take up way too much memory?

ChrisA