Automating windows media player on win7

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 05:46:27 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Deogratius Musiige
<DMusiige at sennheisercommunications.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I want to have wmplayer as part of my automitized test for a headset via the
> USB HID.
>
> I want to be able to execute some of the following operations in my python
> script:
>
> 1.       Play
>
> 2.       Get playing track
>
> 3.       Next
>
> 4.       Get active device
>
> 5.       …
>
> I am not sure if you are able to do this with your project

Play, definitely. Next, not specifically, but by sending the letter
'n' you can achieve that. Active device? Not sure what you mean there.

The one part that doesn't exist is "Get playing track". But you could
manage this the other way around, by not invoking a playlist at all.
If you run "vlc --play-and-exit some_file.wav", then when that process
terminates, the track has finished. Kill the process or send Ctrl-Q to
skip to the next track. Keep track (pun intended) of what file you've
most recently invoked.

I'm not sure how this ties in with your headset testing, though.

By the look of things, the Yosemite project isn't a "here it is, just
deploy it" solution, but you may find that there's some useful code
you can borrow.

ChrisA