Strange Behavior

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jun 2 20:22:10 EDT 2014

On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 20:05:29 +0200, robertw89 wrote:

> I invoked the wrong bug.py :/ , works fine now (this happens to me when
> im a bit tired sometimes...).

Clarity in naming is an excellent thing. If you have two files called
"bug.py", that's two too many.

Imagine having fifty files called "program.py". Which one is which? How
do you know? Programs should be named by what they do (think of Word,
which does word processing, or Photoshop, which does photo editing), or
when that isn't practical, at least give them a unique and memorable name
(Outlook, Excel). The same applies to files demonstrating bugs.

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/