Drawing Sinus curve in Python

Farzad Torabi seyedfarzad.torabi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 08:17:07 EDT 2014

Hi Experts

 I am trying to draw a sine curve in Python , well first I had a script that i could draw a function curve in this way :

xMax = 25.0
points = []
for i in range(100):
  x = (float(i)/99)*xMax
  y = math.sqrt(x)
  points.append([x,y])

s.Spline(points=points)

first i have questions that : what does the line x = (float(i)/99)*xMax do ? why do we multiply it by

and then when I wanted to draw a sine curve I found this one :

import math

for angle in range(????):
    y = math.sin(math.radians(angle))
    print(y)

first , here instead of ???? can we put 2*pi ?

second i wanted to try this method instead:

xMax = pi
Lamda = 200
points = []
for i in range(Lamda):
  x = (float(i)/99)*xMax
  y = math.sin(x)
  points.append([x,y])

it actually works much better and creates an actual sine curve but the lengths are not really what i want , also if i want to draw a straight line I use this command :

xMax = 1
Lamda = 200
points = []
for i in range(Lamda):
  x = (float(i)/99)
  y = xMax
  points.append([x,y])

but then the problem will be that I can not control the length of this line and the sine curve , that should be equal