What is best way to learn Python for advanced developer?

Akira Li 4kir4.1i at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 17:34:53 EDT 2014

guirec.corbel at gmail.com writes:

> I am a Ruby developer and I want to program in Python. I know how to
> do simple things like create classes, methods, variables and all the
> basics. I want to know more. I want to know what is the Python
> philosophy, how to test, how to create maintenable software, etc.
>
> I'm looking for online courses and any ressources I can have on the subject.
>
> Can you help me?
To answer the question in the Subject:

Idiomatic Python (basic DO's & DON'Ts of the language):
http://python.net/~goodger/projects/pycon/2007/idiomatic/handout.html

Tutorial (get acquainted with the language and stdlib):
https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html

Batteries (get acquainted with ecosystem):
https://github.com/vinta/awesome-python

Do 100+ projects in Python to learn the language (or something from your
domain):
http://www.reddit.com/r/learnpython/comments/1huuqk/im_doing_100_projects_in_python_to_learn_the

Personal: learn both Python 2 & 3.

--