What is best way to learn Python for advanced developer?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 23:56:48 EDT 2014

I like to think of pylint as an expert system about how to write
better Python.  Some of the warnings are pointless (superfluous-parens
really bugs me), but much of it is quite valuable.  And for the
-really- pointless stuff, you can create a pylintrc to ignore them
forever.  Personally, I prefer to add # pylint: disable=whatever for
the warnings I'm willing to ignore, rather than create a pylintrc
though.

Happily, Python is a very "googleable" language.  You can probably
just pick a project and start coding, and google your way out of any
sticking points.

You might also find some portions of
http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~strombrg/Intro-to-Python/ useful,
perhaps especially the 2.x/3.x compatibility and common pitfalls.  You
might get something out of the one about generators too.

HTH