.Net Like Gui Builder for Python?

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 04:10:44 EDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>        The way they package Office doesn't help... Ignoring the
> subscription-based "Office 365" I was at Best Buy a few weeks ago... The
> only local-install version of Office (Home&Office I think) had Word, Excel,
> and PowerPoint.
>
>        How many /home/ users are creating presentations/slide-shows? Drop
> PowerPoint and include Access (which is essentially a GUI builder front-end
> for the Jet RDBM engine) and Publisher (seems a home user would do more
> with invitations, cards, and maybe reports/brochures)!

Access?  For a home user?  That’s insane!  Most home users actually
won’t use Access even if they have it.  It’s pretty complicated,
especially for your average Joe.

And Publisher could work out for a home user, except Word can do the
same, equally well (at least for a home user).  Why would they play
with a more complicated program, when they have a good enough thing in
Word?

Also, home users DO use PowerPoint.  One can make a photo album, for
example.  Or, if you have kids, they might have to create a
presentation for school (as a form of an essay).  PowerPoint is MUCH
more useful for a home user than (a) a user-unfriendly advanced
program; or (b) a more-or-less duplicate of what they have.

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 6:49 AM, Steve Hayes <hayesstw at telkomsa.net> wrote:
> The one thing that isn't available with LibreOffice is OneNote, which you
> don't seem to be able to get separately, and doesn't seem to have any
> documentation (ie 3rd party books on it). But there is Evernote.

OneNote is actually available for free: http://www.onenote.com/
(though Evernote is superior)

--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://chriswarrick.com/>