Exploring Python for next desktop GUI Project

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:46:19 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Noble Bell <noblebell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was leaning toward Python 3 and Tkinter. I suppose the best way to do the GUI with Tkinter is to just roll-up my sleeves and do it via code rather than with the aid of a GUI editor.

Yep. In fact, I recommend that for all GUI toolkits; instead of
thinking about your layout in terms of positions of widgets on a
window, think about it in terms of what your toolkit provides you with
- usually that'll be some kind of tree structure of layout objects,
like vertical and horizontal boxes. And if you plan your layout that
way, you may as well just write it directly as code.

ChrisA