Is it possible to install Python on a network?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 23 22:48:09 EDT 2014

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > What do you imaging a user doing, exactly, on machine ‘foo’ to make
> > a program execute on machine ‘bar’? At what step – exactly how –
> > does the communication between the machines occur to invoke the
> > program? How is the user's input, and the program's output,
> > communicated in a way that machine ‘foo’ knows to interact with
> > machine ‘bar’?
>
> Network mounts work fine for this kind of thing.

I'd rather not propose a solution until we know better what the problem
is; what “roys2005” expects the behaviour to be. So the questions above
need, IMO, answers from “roys2005”.

--
 \              “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very |
  `\                    important that you do it.” —Mohandas K. Gandhi |