Is it possible to install Python on a network?

emile emile at fenx.com
Tue Jul 22 17:08:02 EDT 2014

On 07/22/2014 01:49 PM, roys2005 at gmail.com wrote:

> We are using Python in a large setup. Individual users are running Debian machines. When I want to install/upgrade Python for all users, I really want to
> do it centrally rather than every user having to upgrade on their own.
>
> Many software packages are installed this way. However, I could not figure out
> any way to do this with Python.
>
> How can I do this?

This is more a sysadmin than python issue.  And, debian itself has
python dependencies, so you need to be careful you don't break it.

That said, we use a similar setup and have an aptitude repository with
approved software that holds the approved source packages users can
install.  Combining automated user system updating with a sole
repository where only your versions are available should do it.

Emile