Unicode, stdout, and stderr

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Tue Jul 22 03:20:51 EDT 2014

"Frank Millman" <frank at chagford.com> writes:

>> No, both statements actually emit noise on the standard output, but the
>> former prints the *repr* of the string, the latter tries to encode it to
>> CP437, which you console seems to be using.
>>

> Thanks, Lele, but I don't think that is quite right - see my separate
> response to Steven

Maybe sent as a private message? I do not see it, neither on the
newsgroup I'm reading, nor in the mailing list archives...

ciao, lele.

BTW: checking the mailing list, I somewhat appreciate that the usual
unicode spam(mer) doesn't reach the newsgroup anymore... :-)
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.