PyWart(2.7.8) IDLE is more buggy than "Joe's apartment"!

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Mon Jul 21 13:40:21 EDT 2014

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

>> Granted, the readline library exposes a "operate-and-get-next" function,
>> by default bound to \C-o, with the same behaviour as the cmd.exe one. I
>> find it very handy in the scenario you picted. So again, "feature" and
>> "bug" may be effectively subjective :-)
>
> Have you actually got that working in Python with the readline module?
> I've tried and tried and cannot get it to work. Any hints gratefully
> appreciated.

I was pretty sure it worked when I revamped the readline support[1],
many years ago, but effectively I'm not able to do it now, and I find
this

  https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/41

where Chet Ramey says it's something that bash injects into the
library... and that it should be easy to implement by the calling
application.

So I guess my memory is faulty.

ciao, lele.

[1] http://ftp.vim.org/languages/python/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/System/Pyrl.README