PyWart(2.7.8) IDLE is more buggy than "Joe's apartment"!

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Jul 21 12:55:27 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-21, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 12:40 AM, Shiyao Ma <i at introo.me> wrote:
>> No intent to pollute this thread.
>>
>> But really interested in the invalid at invalid.invalid mailing address.
>> And,,, obviously, I cannot send to invalid at invalid.invalid, so
>>
>> How does you(he) make this?
>
> When you send email, you have to have a valid envelope-from address,
> which can be found in the headers. But the From: address doesn't
> technically have to be valid.

Note that a lot of mail servers and/or spam filters will think it's
spam if it isn't.

> And if the email you received actually came from the news<->mail
> gateway,

It did.

> then it's even less significant; the address used is simply whatever
> Grant chose to key into his newsreader, which in this case is a
> marker saying "Please don't email me, just follow-up to the group" :)

If people really do want to e-mail me, that's fine.  What I'm trying
to avoid is people who e-mail my without knowing they're doing so
because that's the default setting for whatever broken-by-design email
client, web-UI, or newsreading they happen to be using.  If people
conciously want to e-mail me, all they can by using the address in my
sig.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Wait ... is this a FUN
                                  at               THING or the END of LIFE in