Improving Idle (was Re: Python 3 ...)

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 07:40:09 EDT 2014

On 20/07/2014 02:42, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Rick Johnson
> <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does the IDLE bug-tracker exist to *SOLVE* problems or to
>> *PERPETUATE* them?
>
> Definitely the latter. If it weren't for that tracker, bugs would just
> quietly die on their own. The PSU has a roster for feeding the bugs,
> changing their litter, and all other bug-related duties, and when
> someone goes on holidays and forgets to schedule a replacement, heaps
> of bugs just inexplicably die. (The PSU generally conceals this faux
> pas under the name of a "release".)
>
> ChrisA

An alternative is that the PSU wait until some raving lunatic,
sado-masochistic nutter who actually likes triaging comes only and bumps
some of the sillier, lonely bugs, e.g a three year old failing test case
on a buildbot.  Result, bug is closed as out of date.  Click on the
stats link at bugs.python.org and observe the result of this crazy type
of behaviour.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence