Python and IDEs [was Re: Python 3 is killing Python]

C.D. Reimer chris at cdreimer.com
Sat Jul 19 21:24:12 EDT 2014

On 7/19/2014 5:41 PM, Tim Delaney wrote:
> The main thing is that versioning should be automatic now - it's
> almost free, and the benefits are huge because even trivial scripts
> end up evolving.

I keep my modest Python scripts in a Dropbox directory and run a weekly
Python script to zip up the Dropbox directory for safekeeping on the
home file server and Microsoft OneDrive. If I really need a recent copy
of a script, Time Machine on the Mac should have a copy from the Drop
Box folder.

The only time I use version control is when I have a big project with
many moving parts and/or I'm publishing software for other people to use.

Chris Reimer