Python 3 is killing Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 19:13:57 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 6:39 AM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> To solve this dilemma in *MY* command shell, i use the
> "ALT+UP_ARROW" to delete everything from the "last command
> prompt" to the "end of the text buffer". I think IDLE needs
> both functionality!

Okay, now I understand Rick's attitude. So long as Idle has one single
bug of which he is aware, or lacks one single feature which he can
think of, it is an utter and total embarrassment to the entire Python
community - not just those who work to make Idle what it is, but also
everyone who uses Idle... and everyone who doesn't use Idle, too.

Rick, start writing patches, and stop moaning like this just because
someone hasn't thought of something you've thought of. It may or may
not even be worth implementing this, but definitely you have the wrong
attitude toward feature requests.

ChrisA