OT: usenet reader software

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jul 19 01:45:58 EDT 2014

Martin S <shieldfire at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a point to still use Usenet? Last time I checked noise
> overwhelmed signal by a factor of something close to 542.

My experience is quite the opposite; Usenet discussions are far easier
to filter for useful content than e.g. Google Groups. So that's a major
reason for continuing to discuss on Usenet.

--
 \         “Of all classes the rich are the most noticed and the least |
  `\      studied.” —John Kenneth Galbraith, _The Age of Uncertainty_, |