Python 3.4.1 64 bit Version

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 14:56:23 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Zachary Ware
<zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick
> <kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:
>> “win32” is the name given to the Windows API as of Windows NT 3.1 and
>> Windows 95.  The “AMD64” part in parentheses tells the truth, that
>> you’re actually running the 64-bit version (which can cause problems,
>> though — it’s better to use the 32-bit version, IMO)
>
> What problems have you run into with the 64-bit version?  The only
> issues I've had have been my own problems with installing some
> versions as 32-bit and others as 64, and forgetting which was which.

This is one of the issues: you can easily mess up 32-bit and 64-bit,
and not even notice that (AppVeyor had an issue with that lately —
they switched python to 64 but left VC++ as 32).

It’s also slightly easier to find pre-made binaries for 32-bit than
64-bit.  In general, life in 64-bits on Windows is kinda hard, for
everyone involved.

--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://chriswarrick.com/>
PGP: 5EAAEA16