Python 3 is killing Python

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Jul 18 10:19:59 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-18, Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:44:20 PM UTC-5, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>> Rick Johnson :

>>> Sure, IDLE is not *useless*, however, it is in fact woefully
>>> inadequate and should be embarrassing to the whole community, both in
>>> it's buggy-ness and it's poorly written source code.

>> This is beneath trolling. Redeem yourself by apologizing.
>
> Apologize for what?

Oh dear.  Where should we start...

> For telling the truth?

Possibly, yes.  Truth is no excuse for being rude and insulting.  I've
never used IDLE, so don't know much about it. But, I do know that a
decent, civilized person just doesn't make insulting comments like
that about somebody else's work even if it is true (which I very much
doubt).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! If I am elected no one
                                  at               will ever have to do their