Python 3.4.1 64 bit Version

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:53:03 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM,  <cjwilliams43 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The version given on Python.org is "Python 3.4.1 (v3.4.1:c0e311e010fc, May 18 2014, 10:45:13) [MSC v.1600 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32".
>
> This question is prompted by difficulties installing PyScripter.  What does "on win32" mean in the above.  I was using PyScripter on an AMD64 processor with Python 2.7.  Now, with an attempt to move to Python 3, I have grief.
>
> How does one install "python-3.4.1.amd64-pdb"?
>
> I would welcome any advice.

The problem there isn't "on win32", it's ".4" :).  Unless I've just
missed the announcement PyScripter has not been updated to support
Python 3.4, and I haven't figured out a way to trick it into working.
However, PyScripter works fine with Python 3.3, and there were no
syntax changes between 3.3 and 3.4.  What I have found to work fairly
well is to use PyScripter with 3.3, then test your program from a
command prompt with 3.4.

For the record, all versions of CPython on Windows (not counting
anything relating to cygwin) are "on win32" regardless of the
bittedness of the processor or the interpreter.

Hope this helps,
--
Zach