Python 3 is killing Python

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 23:37:07 EDT 2014

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:15:15 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:
> For myself, though, I completely do not use the editor half of [IDLE]; but
> it's spectacularly useful (with limitations) as my primary interactive
> interpreter.

Yes Chris, i also think that the IDLE shell is "spectacular"
when i'm using it, especially when i press
"CONTROL+LEFT_ARROW" and the insertion cursor lands *BEHIND*
the start of the interactive command marker " >>>", an
area where key presses are not allowed, so *NOW* I must press
"CONTROL+RIGHT_ARROW" three times to get to my destination!

I'm also just "gushing with exuberance" when i open a new
block and i get *EIGHT SPACE INDENTION*!

And I get a raging semi each time IDLE hangs between run
sessions when i'm editing Tkinter code, yes Chris,  I GET A
BIG FAT ERECTION! Sometimes, when it does not go away
after four hours, i have to visit the local emergency room
and take some pills.

 THAT'S HOW MUCH I JUST *LOVE* THIS CRAPPY SOFTWARE CHRIS!

 I'M SO GLAD WE CAN SHARE THESE "WONDERFUL" EXPERIENCES TOGETHER!

 MAYBE NEXT WE CAN RE-INACT THE LAST SCENE OF ROMEO AND JULIETTE?

> [...] The only problem I have with it is that blatting
> ridiculous amounts of text to the console can take a very
> long time, esp on Windows. If I accidentally display a
> large object when I thought I was displaying a small one,
> it'll hang for quite a while, churning through something,
> and it's not easy to see why or to halt it. But I suspect
> that's more of a Windows and/or Tk issue than an Idle one.

The *PROBLEM* is that user has no method of "undo-ing" an
accidental display of huge amounts of data , forcing the
user to close and then re-open the entire software -- can
you understand now *WHY* i complain about this software?

This is *EMBARRASSING*, and you should *ALL* be ashamed
that, not only does Python include such an amateurish piece
of crap software, but it has been there for years!

    UNCHANGED FOR YEARS!!!