Multiple python versions, one dev environment???

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 22:42:26 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
> In article <lq9sf2$p9r$1 at dont-email.me>, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 18/07/2014 9:44 AM, Roy Smith wrote:
>> >
>> > Absolutely.  Don't even consider any other alternative.  Just do it.
>>
>> Not even buildout? :)
>
> OK, I will admit I'm not familiar with buildout.
>
> Perhaps I should have said, "Don't even consider trying to manage all
> this stuff manually.

I'd put this on par with source control. You'll see arguments about
whether git or hg is the better option, but frankly, either of them
(or bzr, or any of a bunch of others) is just so far ahead of *not*
using source control that it's less important to distinguish than to
say "Don't even consider trying to do this manually".

ChrisA