Multiple python versions, one dev environment???

Joep van Delft joepvandelft at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 17 15:52:51 EDT 2014

Hello Javier!

Thanks, those links are helping a bit. And: yes, I am using Archlinux.

But still those links assume that there are totally separate
site-packages* directories installed for both. I am not sure how I
would surpass this distinction between py-X.P and py-Y.Q.

Should I really create a massive amount of symlinks like this?:

| #!/usr/bin/zsh
| for d in ~/src/mypackage/**/*(/); do
|    # matches all directories
|    mkdir -p "~/src/py-2.7/mypackage/${d#*src/mypackage}"
|    mkdir -p "~/src/py-3.4/mypackage/${d#*src/mypackage}"
| done
| for f in ~/src/mypackage/**/^*.pyc(.); do
|    # matches all files except for *.pyc
|    ln -s "$f" "~/src/py-2.7/mypackage${f#*src/mypackage}"
|    ln -s "$f" "~/src/py-3.4/mypackage${f#*src/mypackage}"
| done

...and then set $PYTHONPATH according to the target version in a
#!/usr/local/bin-script?

I can work with this (have not tried though), but there must be a
more elegant solution than symlinking my way forward...

Cheers!

    Joep