Hello. I'm new here...

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 12:14:03 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Antonio Dalvit
<antonio.dalvit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Im Antonio, from Italy. I'm new here and i'd like to introduce myself: i'm learning python language after years working in ICT sector. I decided to study python after fortran basic, c++, java and php for fun and because i'm tired to spend lines and lines of code to make something working as I want.
>
> I'll lurk and sometimes i wall ask something that i cannot understand. I'm sorry if my questions can sound simple or trivial...

Welcome! Glad to have you here, and I'm sure you'll love Python after
experience with those languages!

One thing though. There's a saying "Never offend people with style
when you can offend them with substance", which applies to ... well,
pretty much every form of communication, and I know someone who's
fluent in over six million of them. So feel free to spout crazy
theories about what Python ought to be like, because we'll happily
debate with you on that, but please consider avoiding Google Groups,
which has a strong tendency to make your posts extremely annoying in a
few ways, including double-spacing all quoted text, and making your
paragraphs into single long lines instead of properly wrapping them.
There are ways around this, but they're quite manual; personally, I
recommend either getting an actual news reader (something like Mozilla
Thunderbird), or signing up for the mailing list, which is what I do: