How do you use `help` when write your code

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Jul 6 20:52:33 EDT 2014

In article <mailman.11564.1404687291.18130.python-list at python.org>,
 Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the important thing is that you log.

I 'spose.  Let's see.  Yesterday we generated 133 GB of log files.  And
Sunday is a slow day :-)

> Have you ever had a bug where someone else finds it and then doesn't
> give you full repro steps?

Are there people like that where you are?  Weird.

> There are times when you have to go for the "Real Programmer"
> debugging style. Pretend the program is a black box, no source code
> available, nothing.

Yup; strace and tcpdump are two of my best friends.  The source code
only tells you what the program is *supposed* to do.  Strace tells you
what it did.  And tcpdump tells you what it said.