PEP8 and 4 spaces

Demian Brecht demianbrecht at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 23:23:42 EDT 2014

On Jul 3, 2014 10:31 AM, "Tobiah" <tshepard at rcsreg.com> wrote:
> Just need ammo for when the hammer of code unification comes down.

One issue that I've encountered in the past (one of the reasons outside of
pep8) that I switched to spaces is when working with libraries other than
your own. If you want to stick print statements, breakpoints or make any
other modifications to the code you're working with, chances are if you're
using tabs in your editor, you're going to run into issues when making
those changes.

Most (of not all) libraries I've worked with use spaces. Pep8 suggests the
use of spaces. New hires who have spent any amount of time in python are
/likely/ most used to using spaces. For those reasons I much prefer spaces
over tabs.