Help with some python homework...

scottwd80 at gmail.com scottwd80 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 00:12:19 EST 2014

Here is the question that was asked and below that I'll paste the code I have so far.  Any pointers would be great.  Please keep in mind this is only my second week with python (or any programming for that matter) so I have no idea what I'm doing.  How would you code this?  Anyways, any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I'd kind of like to figure it out with % rather than subtracting everything also, but doesn't really matter either way.

**If I leave my house at 6:52 am and run 1 mile at an easy pace (8:15 per mile), then 3 miles at tempo (7:12 per mile) and 1 mile at easy pace again, what time do I get home for breakfast?**

     seconds = 1
     hours = seconds / (60*60)
     seconds = seconds - hours*60*60
     minutes = seconds / 60
     seconds = seconds - minutes *60

     time_left_house = 6 * hours + 52 * minutes

     miles_run_easy_pace = 2 * (8 * minutes + 15 * seconds)

     miles_run_fast_pace = 3 * (7 * minutes + 12 * seconds)

     total_time_run = miles_run_easy_pace + miles_run_fast_pace + time_left_house

     print total_time_run, "Total time run: " , hours, 'Hours: ', minutes, 'Minutes: ', seconds, 'Seconds: '

FYI, i'm using python 2.7.6