Eclipse IDE printing values automatically

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Thu Jan 30 00:39:42 EST 2014

In <583ab407-7831-45d7-b15d-46b30a6cccf1 at googlegroups.com> mick verdu <mickverdu at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for reply.
> I am running file via ctrl+F11 and seeing output on pyDev Console.
> My code has got nested dictionaries, lists and tuples. What you want to see?

One thing you could try is to track down exactly which line(s) are causing
the unwanted output.

Add some print statements to your code, say one print every fifty lines
or so.  Or perhaps just one print statement at the top of each function.
Make each message different so you can tell them apart in the output.
When the unwanted output appears, take note of which of your print
statements appears above and below it.  Then you can add more print
statements in between those two, until you have narrowed down exactly what
line of code is causing the output.  Then, if you still can't tell why it
is happening, post that line of code here and maybe we can help.

Or, if your program is short enough, you can just post the whole thing
here.  Be sure to give an example of the unwanted output, and tell us
exactly how the program is being executed.  If the program uses input
files, be sure to give us those too.

--
John Gordon         Imagine what it must be like for a real medical doctor to
gordon at panix.com    watch 'House', or a real serial killer to watch 'Dexter'.