EncodedFile/StreamRecoder

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 27 09:38:05 EST 2014

I'd never heard of these and personally have no use for them, but came
across them here http://bugs.python.org/issue20405#msg209430 and thought
they might be of use to some of you.  Quoting from the message:-

"The purpose of EncodedFile/StreamRecoder was to convert an externally
used encoding to a standard internal one - mainly to allow programs
that didn't want to use Unicode for processing to still benefit from
the codecs that come with Python.

E.g. the example at the end of codecs.py allows using Latin-1 within
the application, while talking to the console using UTF-8."

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence