Highlighting program variables instead of keywords?

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Mon Jan 27 05:08:35 EST 2014

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

> I think this might have value, especially if to could bounce back and forth
> between both schemes. Is anyone aware of tools like this for Python? Bonus
> points for pointers to an Emacs implementation.

There has been a recent thread on some emacs group about this. Dunno how
far it has gone wrt Python support, but the following mode appeared in
MELPA archives in the last couple of days:

  https://github.com/ankurdave/color-identifiers-mode

hth, ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.