generate De Bruijn sequence memory and string vs lists

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Jan 25 00:11:38 EST 2014

Vincent Davis wrote:
> True, the "all you want is a mapping" is not quite true. I actually
> plan to plot frequency (the number of times an observed sub sequence
> overlaps a value in the De Bruijn sequence) The way the sub sequences
> overlap is important to me and I don't see a way go from base-k (or any
> other base) to the index location in the De Bruijn sequence. i.e.
> a decoding algorithm.

So the order or position in which the subsequences appear
in the de Bruijn sequence is important?

Can you explain more about what you're trying to do? Maybe
give a scaled-down example?

Whatever it is, it seems like there should be a more
efficient way than materialising the whole umpteen-gigabyte
sequence.

--
Greg