Need Help with Programming Science Project

theguy kvxdelta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 23:58:50 EST 2014

On Friday, January 24, 2014 7:06:55 PM UTC-8, Rustom Mody wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:12:41 AM UTC+5:30, kvxd... at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Alright. I have the code here. Now, I just want to note that the code was not designed to work "quickly" or be very well-written. It was rushed, as I only had a few days to finish the work, and by the time I wrote the program, I hadn't worked with Python (which I never had TOO much experience with anyways) for a while. (About a year, maybe?) It was a bit foolish to take up the project, but here's the code anyways:
>

> <snipped>
>

> Ewwww!
>

> If you (or anyone with basic python experience) rewrites that code, it will become
>
> 1/50th the size and all that you call 'code' will reside in data files.
>

> That can mean one of json, xml, yml, ini, pickle, ini, csv  etc
>

> If you need further help in understanding/choosing, post back

I know. I'm kind of ashamed of the code, but it does the job I need it to up to a certain point, where it for some reason continually gives me Suzanne Collins as the author. It always gives three points to her name in the AUTHOR_SCOREBOARD list. The code, though, is REALLY bad. I'm trying to simply get it to do the things needed for the program. If I could get it to actually calculate the "points" for AUTHOR_SCOREBOARD properly, then all my problems would be solved. Luckily, I'm not being graded on the elegance or conciseness of my code. Thank you for the constructive criticism, though I am really seeking help with my little problem involving that dang scoreboard. Thank you.