Python declarative

sertorbe at gmail.com sertorbe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 13:51:42 EST 2014

Hi again , I'm sorry I dind't reply earlier I still hav enot added myself to the list (I'm doing this trhough google groups).

Thanks Asaf, but I don't like having the code and the GUI separated.

First,I'm not aiming to not programmers (or people qho don't want to be one) because they may be able to write the layout but not the actual program's function so there's no reason to do that.

Second, I wouldn't like to have code and GUI separated since it's a hassle when try to change something like the name.

XML and JSON are pretty cool but they serve for loading info which can vary to a fixed engine not for when that info does not change, and that's even more true when you are speaking about an interpreted language.

I've been reasearching a bit myself and this is what I got: a way of having a nice syntax in python itself (no external files, no new language...) with metaclasses, so the same example which was used in Lua (and I think in original's python syntax) would look like this with metaclasses and classes:

class myWindow(Window):
    title="Hello World"
    class myButton(Button):
        label="Hello World"

It's just like what I was looking for, with the added benefit that functions can be defined right there. It has it's own problems (like having to access variables from the global scope), but I think they are either solvable or minor.

Sergio