Can post a code but afraid of plagiarism

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Fri Jan 24 09:13:54 EST 2014

indar kumar <indarkumar59 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:21:42 PM UTC-7, indar kumar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I want to show a code for review but afraid of plagiarism issues.
>> Kindly, suggest how can I post it for review here without masking it
>> visible for public
>
> Can I do the following to just get the value as string not the type list?
>
> searchfor = '192.168.0.2'
> z=[ii[0] for ii in hosts.values() if ii[1] == searchfor]

If you want to extract an element of a list use indexing, like mylist[0].

If you don't know these things or can't find this out yourself, you have a serious lack of knowledge about Python, or maybe about programming, and it is time to learn that first.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/