generate De Bruijn sequence memory and string vs lists

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 15:36:31 EST 2014

On 23/01/2014 20:10, Peter Otten wrote:
> Vincent Davis wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just noted that the first Python loop can be eliminated:
>

> Oops, I forgot to paste
>
> import string
> def chars(a, b):
>      return "".join(map(chr, range(a, b)))
> _mapping = string.maketrans(chars(0, 10), chars(48, 58))

FTR string.maketrans is gone from Python 3.2+.  Quoting from
http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.2.html#porting-to-python-3-2 "The
previously deprecated string.maketrans() function has been removed in
favor of the static methods bytes.maketrans() and bytearray.maketrans().
This change solves the confusion around which types were supported by
the string module. Now, str, bytes, and bytearray each have their own
maketrans and translate methods with intermediate translation tables of
the appropriate type."

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence