awesome slugify and unicode

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 02:18:42 EST 2014

Le mercredi 22 janvier 2014 20:23:55 UTC+1, Mark Lawrence a écrit :
> I thought this blog might interest some of you
>
> http://pydanny.com/awesome-slugify-human-readable-url-slugs-from-any-string.html
>

> --
>
> My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask
>
> what you can do for our language.

This is not "unicode", only string manipulations.
The same work could be done with, let say, cp1252.
The difference lies in the repertoires of characters
to be handled.

A better way is to work with normalization() and/or
with methods like .translate() with dedicated
tables; the hard task being the creation of these tables.

Shortly, very naive.

jmf