[newbie] advice and comment wanted on first tkinter program

Jean Dupont jeandupont314 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 02:23:31 EST 2014

Op maandag 20 januari 2014 07:24:31 UTC+1 schreef Chris Angelico:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Jean Dupont <jeandupont314 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I started a thread "[newbie] starting geany from within idle does not
> > work" both here and in the raspberry pi forum. I just wondered why I never
> > got an answer concerning that topic.
> I saw that thread. It looked like a R-Pi problem, not a Python one, so
> I didn't respond because I don't have an R-Pi. If you get no response
> on the R-Pi forum, you might want to see if you can duplicate the
> issue on a desktop computer - preferably on Win/Mac/Lin, as those are
> the platforms most people use. That, with exact steps to repro (which
> it looks like you gave for the R-Pi, though again I can't verify),
> would get some interest.
I did try to do the same on my linux desktop computer, but the problem is,
it has another desktop environment (KDE4). In the rpi-environment it is
possible
(but it doesn't work) to change the default IDLE-editor by right-clicking
the idle-icon and choosing geany in stead of leafpad, however the same
can't be done
in KDE4, I hoped to find a similar setting once running IDLE in
Options-->Configure IDLE, but nothing there neither. I also looked
unsuccessfuly in the .idlerc-directory for a config-file. Hence my initial
question.

kind regards,
jean