Documentation of dict views change request

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 19 16:26:03 EST 2014

Could it please be clearly documented that keys(), values(), and items()
are not writeable.  I agree that this is how they should be, but it
would be still better if they were clearly documented as such.  The
labeling of them as dynamic, while true, was a bit confusing here.
(I.e., it was talking about changing their value through other means of
access rather than directly through the returned values.)

P.S.:  Is it reasonable to return the items() of a dict in order to pass
a read only copy of the values?

--
Charles Hixson