question about input() and/or raw_input()

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sun Jan 19 14:11:14 EST 2014

On 2014-01-19, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
> In article <lbh4oc$nqv$1 at reader1.panix.com>,
>  Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I can still remember the point in my first trip to the UK when I
>> accidentally stumbled across darts on TV. Given the endless variety
>> (and quantity) of pointless crap that people watch here in the US, I
>> can't really explain why I was so baffled and amused by darts on TV --
>> but I was.
>
> What's so complicated?
>
> points = 501
> for dart in throws():
>    if points - dart == 0 and dart.is_double():
>       raise YouWin
>    if points - dart < 0:
>       continue
>    points -= dart
>    beer.drink()

That looks like an algorithm for _playing_ darts.  That I understand.
I have two dartboards (one real, one electronic) and a coule decent
sets of darts.  It's watching darts on TV that I don't get.

Actually, I don't really get watching any sort of sports on TV (even
the ones I play).  But there was just something about darts on TV that
seemed particularly beyond the pale.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! But they went to MARS
                                  at               around 1953!!