question about input() and/or raw_input()

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sun Jan 19 13:15:40 EST 2014

On 2014-01-19, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 18/01/2014 18:41, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> On 18/01/2014 18:30, Roy Smith wrote:
>>> Pardon me for being cynical, but in the entire history of the universe,
>>> has anybody ever used input()/raw_input() for anything other than a
>>> homework problem?
>>
>> Not me personally.  I guess raw_input must have been used somewhere at
>> some time for something, or it would have been scrapped in Python 3, not
>> renamed to input.
>
> Actually, to go off at a tangent, I'm just getting into GUIs via
> wxPython.  I've discovered there are distinct advantages having to
> write endless lines of code just to get a piece of data.  For example
> on a Sunday it helps pass the time between the two sessions of the
> Masters Snooker final being shown on TV.

Fair enough, but what do you do to pass the time _during_ Snooker
being shown on TV?

I can still remember the point in my first trip to the UK when I
accidentally stumbled across darts on TV. Given the endless variety
(and quantity) of pointless crap that people watch here in the US, I
can't really explain why I was so baffled and amused by darts on TV --
but I was.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I want EARS!  I want
                                  at               two ROUND BLACK EARS