python-daemon for Python v3

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jan 19 05:41:31 EST 2014

Asaf Las <roegltd at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there ported to Python v3 python-daemon package?
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/

Have a read through the archives for the ‘python-daemon-devel’
discussion forum
<URL:http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/python-daemon-devel>,
where we have had discussions about porting the library to Python 3.

I'd be interested to know who wants us to keep Python 2 compatibility.
If we can drop that, then a Python 3 version of the library would be
much easier to maintain.

We are also in need of an active maintainer for the ‘python-lockfile’
library <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lockfile/> which is commonly
used with ‘python-daemon’.

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\    Brain, but if we give peas a chance, won't the lima beans feel |