[newbie] advice and comment wanted on first tkinter program

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 18 11:15:42 EST 2014

On 18/01/2014 15:12, Oscar Benjamin wrote:
> On 18 January 2014 14:52, Jean Dupont <jeandupont314 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Peter and Terry Jan for the useful suggestions. One thing which I find a bit weird: when asking for Python-help concerning raspberry pi code or problems, a lot of people don't seem to be interested in helping out, that's of course their choice, but maybe they don't seem to be aware the raspberry pi is often the motivation for starting to learn to program in Python. And as such such a reaction is a bit disappointing.
>
> Hi Jean,
>
> What makes you say that? Did you previously ask questions about
> Rasberry Pi code on this list?
>
> If you did I wouldn't have answered those questions because I've never
> used a Raspberry Pi and know nothing about them (except that they
> encourage using Python somehow). I think that there's actually a list
> that is specifically for Raspberry Pi Python questions that might be
> more helpful although I don't know what it is...
>

> Oscar

As Python is meant to be cross platform i think it's pretty much
irrelevant that Raspberry Pi is mentioned.  It's far more likely that
people don't respond as questions are asked about specific libraries
which they haven't used.

Neither does it help when considering Jean's last post that the final
paragraph shows as one line in Thunderbird on Windows and over 60% is
simply blank lines.  No guesses as to how he's posting.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence