Building and accessing an array of dictionaries

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Jan 17 15:53:55 EST 2014

On 2014-01-16, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 16/01/2014 09:48, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:41 PM, Sam <lightaiyee at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I would like to build an array of dictionaries. Most of the dictionary example on the net are for single dictionary.
>>>
>>> dict = {'a':'a','b':'b','c':'c'}
>>> dict2 = {'a':'a','b':'b','c':'c'}
>>> dict3 = {'a':'a','b':'b','c':'c'}
>>>
>>> arr = (dict,dict2,dict3)
>>>
>>> What is the syntax to access the value of dict3->'a'?
>>
>> Technically, that's a tuple of dictionaries
>
> For the benefit of lurkers, newbies or whatever it's the commas that
> make the tuple, not the brackets.

In _that_ example, yes.  There are other cases where it's the
brackets (sort of):

    foo('a','b','c')    # three separate string objects are passed

    foo(('a','b','c'))  # a single tuple object is passed

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Being a BALD HERO
                                  at               is almost as FESTIVE as a