interactive help on the base object

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Fri Jan 17 07:25:22 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On 17/01/2014 01:00, Terry Reedy wrote:

> >> Given that this can be interpreted as 'least desirable', it could
> >> definitely be improved.

> >> How about something like.
> >>
> >> '''The default top superclass for all Python classes.
> >>
> >> Its methods are inherited by all classes unless overriden.
> >> '''
> >>
> >> When you have 1 or more concrete suggestions for the docstring,
> >> open a
> >> tracker issue.
> >
> > At Mark's invitation, I have done so.
> > http://bugs.python.org/issue20285
> >

> Thanks, I've altered my will accordingly :)
>

> --
> My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask
> what you can do for our language.
>
> Mark Lawrence

The issue is tagged 2.7. Is object the superclass of all classes in 2.7 ?
I'm asking because in 2.5, it is not (old/new style).

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.